Friday, September 23, 2011

First days

The first days of the school year are always filled with excitement and anxiety even for the teacher.  This year has been especially nerve-wracking because I was unable to start the school year on the first day due to my health.  I went for a few hours each morning because I can't imagine starting first grade without your teacher.  Although, I had a wonderful guest-teacher, my former student teacher Jessica.  My goals for the 2011-2012 school year are for my students to understand that they can do anything they put their minds to.  Of course I hope they will make astounding academic achievements, but the most important thing I can pass along to these wonderous 6 year olds is that they have the ability to do great things.  There will be many mistakes along the way.  There have already been plenty from both students and teacher. But as I tell my little charges, "It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it."

2 comments:

  1. What a poignant name for your blog, Debbie! It is so good to see you here, a teacher! If I squint my eyes, it looks like you and me way back there in the crowd among the children, holding hands. Still want to be my friend? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie, your bundle of 6 year old charges are extremely luck to have you as their teacher in the most important year of their life.
    Teaching is the highest calling in my book.. you have a wonderful outlook.

    hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete